Monday, May 24, 2010

Shoots: Kristina

Kristina was one of those rare finds on Model Mayhem who actually had the credentials and assets that a real model should, yet is so sparsely found on said website. I can't say enough nice things about her: on-time, pleasant, and came ready to work. I snapped about 400+ shots of her and not once did she complain about getting tired or waiting around for the sun to be just right; truly a photographer's dream.Though originally from the East Coast, I found her look to be very Mid-Western; a soft fusion of Anthropologie and a "farmer's daughter" type-beauty goin' on; she has a very accessible look that I think will serve her well in her career.

We shot at Griffith Park in Los Angeles, a location which I had never been to, much less shot before. Anyone who knows me, knows I love shooting in natural locations; however, Southern California has a very arid, desert climate, which results in a lot of puny shrubs and dust/sand... and not much lush greenery. So, finding a picturesque woodsey setting is hard, to say the least.

However, Griffith Park offered a little more in terms of "green". You wouldn't know it by looking at the final pictures, but I had to keep a very tight crop, as I was framing out endless mounds of brown rock covered in dry underbrush and just a generally uninteresting "blah" landscape.

Hair and make-up started at 2pm, and we began snapping around 3pm, with full intention of warming up before hitting "magic hour", which this time of year in SoCal starts about 4:45pm. The results are posted within; for me, this turned out to be one of my more successful shoots yet!

Many thanks to Kristina, my lovely make-up artist, Summer, and my P.A. for the day, Rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment