Monday, May 24, 2010

New Toy: Canon 5d Mark II

Few things excite me: bare-knuckle boxing with a bear; the tight-rope walk of drinking milk days past its expiration. Llama Wars.

But today I'm VERY excited. I just received my squeaky, brand-shining-new Canon 5D Mark II, along with 24-70mm L 2.8, 70-200mm L 2.8 IS II, and 85mm 1.8 lenses. This is obviously a significant upgrade from my fixed lens, Sony Cybershot DSLR (circa 2004).

While a better camera/lens won't make a better photographer, it WILL make better photos!... if you know what you're doing. Some may question that last part, especially myself... but I am confident the learning curve of these new toys will be fast!

Why did I chose the Mark II over, say, Nikon’s D700 or Sony’s A900..... honestly, I have no "good" answer. Cross-examining everything, I found myself getting more and more crossed-eyed; it was give and take with a lot of minute things... but in the end, I found myself polling some of the photographers I look-up to/respect... and nearly all of them had great things to say about the Mark II.

Best-price I found by FAR was from the website:www.photo4less.com. They shipped one day after my order was placed, and it arrived in three-days, no extra cost.

Still going to keep my old DSLR for back-up, but it goes without saying, from now on Canon will be my canon!

No comments:

Post a Comment