Thursday, July 8, 2010

Shoots: Kristina 2

Over the 4th of July weekend, I hooked up with Kristina once again and headed down to El Matador Beach in Malibu for some sand and shooting. The intention was more to experiment with shooting video on the 5dmkII; I'm really getting into the live portraits I've been messing around with and am thinking about expanding the scope of future ones, hence the yet-to-be-posted video I shot of Kristina.

More on that later, but I also snapped off a couple dozen shots of her, because-- hey, why not? It was completely overcast that day, so I didn't have the option of my go-to-crutch of sun-flares and hazy backlighting... which I actually liked not having.


Anyway, it's a short post today, because it was a short (still) shoot. The live-portrait of Kristina with much more detail about the shoot is forthcoming, so stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Luke... at first i was just going to anonymously read your blog..... book mark it and then visit it every now and then...... then I realized that I actually enjoyed the hard work that you put in and thought....... WTH..... tell the dude that you enjoyed his blog...... so there.....

    Luke..... I enjoy your blog... reading about your locations and photo technique. Your photo style is very "california dreamin"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I appreciate the flattering compliment CT! Thanks for being a fan! Only more to come!!

    ReplyDelete