Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shoots: Emily

Emily's look is gorgeous-tomboy meets a much much prettier Kristen Stewart, and I wanted to embrace that. Subconsciously inspired by the semi-indie flick Adventureland (coincidentally also staring Kristen Stewart), we headed to the Santa Monica Pier for this kind of "last days of summer" theme, even though it was technically still Spring.


I had done the tourist-thing at the Pier years ago, but had never shot there before; and I must say the variety of colors to be found and photographed are simply amazing. **In any given frame is a veritable rainbow that will make an image pop. One thing I think is hilarious about shooting in more public, tourist-traffic locations is that everyone stops to watch and thinks you're doing something important and/or glamourous. You just gotta chuckle to yourself and make the model feel like people are not gawking... which of course, they are.

As for Emily, couldn't be a more chill, fun girl; I'd gladly trade in my friend Phil to be friends with Emily. Just kidding Phil....maybe...


Started shooting at 3:30pm in the afternoon, and mainly kept the 24-70mm mounted, throwing on the 85mm at the end of the shoot to grab a few portraits at a shallower DOF. Once again a smooth, fun shoot that yielded some great images!


Thanks to Emily, my friend Phil turned P.A. for the day, and of course my wonderful MUA Summer. **Please note that due to funky internet compression, the colors of the uploaded pics do not appear true to what they really are... very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment