Thursday, June 3, 2010

Shoots: Andrea

Andrea is a little ball of spunk repped by JetSet Models who contacted me to update her portfolio book and headshots. Speaking with her agent, they wanted to portray her in a youthful, happy, accessible way... which was pretty easy, because she was indeed young, cheery, and very laid back.


Though I have a certain proclivity towards the longing, wistful, pensive, faded-hazy-memory-of-a-girl-in-overpowering-sunlight thing... I felt pretty confident I could still "do what I do" and combine some safe, wholesome commercial appeal in there, too (marketing firms, did you read that??).


The location was that big park along Santa Monica Blvd in Beverly Hills (the word 'big' has a different meaning in L.A., than the rest of the country; usually means, bigger than a postage stamp, but probably not as large as your average backyard in Illinois). Though the park is pretty standard (aka boring), it does have this amazing storybook-tree that I've always wanted to shoot; and I will say it is every bit fantastical as it looks. I still think there's a knot somewhere on the trunk, that if you press it, a door will open to Narnia, or better yet, The Pit of Despair. If you don't know what 'The Pit of Despair' is, then you are entirely too young and I do not like you because you're making me feel very old.


Anyway, the results were definitely more "beaming" and less "pining", but hey, it's good to lighten the mood once and awhile, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment