Friday, June 11, 2010

Shoots: Sam&Sophia

Last Sunday, Q Models, Los Angeles were gracious enough to allow me to test with two of their newest faces, Sam & Sophia.


I gotta say, as a formerly/current vain person, shooting with all these beautiful and YOUNG people is really starting to take its toll; not so much on my self-confidence, but moreso I'm being reminded that I'm getting older and am going to die one day. Fashion and mortality: the "new black".

Location was Griffith Park, which remains a favorite and convenient spot; shooting time was once again my preferred "approaching and through magic hour"... which in SoCal this time of year is 4pm-7:00pm.


Fancy new camera, beautiful models, and comfortable local were more than enough to create some great images; but then I got a Pulp-Fiction style giant-needle-of-adrenaline stabbed into the heart of the shoot, via one amazing stylist, Alexandra Estin. Did I mention she's not even 20 years old and already working at a professional level?!?! The little prodigy understands color palettes and texture/pattern combinations like Steven Hawking understands astrophysics and time-travel. And to make me feel even worse about how I wasted my early twenties being, well, wasted... she also does hair and make-up!

Watching Alexandra work is like watching Beethoven conduct, Michael Jordan play basketball, or me drinking beer: purity and beauty. If any San Francisco, Los Angeles, or SoCal photographer, art-director, or producer needs a stylist... I can't recommend Alexandra enough.


As far as the annoyingly perfect, flawless, and stunning models go: Sam has got to be one of the most positive, upbeat, and excited individuals I've encountered in an otherwise very jaded Los Angeles. He was awesome and has such a sharp look. Sophia was totally laid-back and very "go-with-the-flow", which is more appreciated than she'll ever know!


Many thanks to Alexandra Estin, my 2nd MUA, Summer, and my P.A., Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment